Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Our ambition at Deloitte is to build the data protection practice of tomorrow focused on defining and delivering solutions that keep organizations, government, Canadians and their data assets safe. Do you share that ambition? Read more below for an opportunity to join our team.
What will your typical day look like?
Reporting to the National Partner for Data Protection & Privacy – Cyber Risk Services, you will lead a team of problem solvers, helping to tackle our clients’ complex business issues from strategy to execution. Effectively, you will collaborate with our Canadian Data Protection & Privacy specialists, as well as cross functional cyber teams and our global network of experts to design and implement business and technology solutions addressing our clients’ challenges.
You will manage teams through large and complex engagements, develop your entrepreneurial drive by contributing to new service/solutions identification and whitespace opportunities, and be exposed to unique opportunities to expand your personal brand and be recognized in the industry as a trusted advisor and a thought leader in the data protection space.
Furthermore, you will also shape and develop the next generation of cyber security talent and inspire other top talents to join Deloitte because they want to work on your projects.
About the team
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. Our team brings world-class solutions to Canada’s most influential organizations, enabling our national and global ecosystem through areas of advisory services, strategy development, data protection program development and implementation, as well as many other services that enable our clients to meet their strategic objectives while addressing increasing market demand in protecting data entrusted to them.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Thorough understanding of information security fundamentals and current cybersecurity trends combined with an interest in discovering and understanding new and emerging privacy and data risk issues.
• At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and implementing data protection solutions including but not limited to data discovery & classification, data loss prevention (DLP) technical controls, data encryption, key and certificate management solutions, implementation of controls related to security best practices standards (ISO, NIST, COBIT), and compliance to regulatory frameworks
• Knowledge of and experience with current and emerging data protection tools and methodologies, specifically DLP tools such as McAfee DLP, Forcepoint, Microsoft O365 DLP etc.
• Minimum of 2 years of management experience, leading a team
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches/solutions to manage IT risks
• Certification in technical information security disciplines such as CISM, CISSP and other industry standard Cyber Security technical evaluation (highly desirable).
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.